Engaging the Next Generation
Arts Experiences. Arts Integration. Arts Training.
D.C. Ticket Partnership
Arena Stage welcomes teachers in D.C. public and charter schools to the theater for a complete performance experience, including subsidized tickets, in-class workshops and study guide materials.
Moving Stories is a vibrant and interactive experience that brings stories to life in your classroom. Using song, movement, sign language and storytelling, Moving Stories explores a beloved children’s book through creative drama and promotes literacy skills.
A Student Study Guide provides context and activities to prepare students to attend Arena Stage productions.
Through the D.C. Ticket Partnership
- Students are exposed to professional theater of the highest quality in their community, developing and deepening a respect for and love of the arts.
- Students engage with Arena Stage teaching artists and one another to think critically about theater and connect it to their lives.
- Teachers integrate the arts into their required curriculum with the support of Arena Stage.
D.C. public and charter school teachers (grades 7-12, all content areas) apply in the fall to bring their classes to up to two Arena Stage matinees during the academic year.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2018/19 season. Apply here
Schools that do not qualify for the D.C. Ticket Partnership can purchase tickets through Group Sales
Open to a limited number of D.C. public schools each season via an application process. Partner teachers and students receive:
- $4 tickets; up to 30 tickets
- Preview tickets for the teacher or principal
- Arena's Page: A Student Study Guide for each student
- A pre-show and post-show workshop with Arena Stage teaching artists
- Curriculum Connections, a teacher resource suggesting discussion topics and activities that connect each play to Common Core standards
Rebecca Campana, School Programs Manager
2018-2019 DCTP Application
No principal's signature is required on the initial application. Return your completed application to email@example.com.
Application Deadline: September 10, 2018
Partners Notified: September 12, 2018
Mandatory Orientation: September 19, 2018
The D.C. Ticket Partnership is generously sponsored by the Paul M. Angell Family Foundation. Additional support is provided by Rockwell Collins and the D.C. Commission on the Arts and Humanities.
- Promotes early literacy skills, such as increased vocabulary and reading comprehension while forming personal connections to stories.
- Augments existing language-based curriculum.
- Introduces effective techniques for self-control of body and voice.
- Encourages imagination, problem solving and teamwork.
- Provides innovative, theater-inspired classroom management techniques and vocabulary.
Moving Stories is for Pre-K3 through first grade classes or community groups throughout the D.C. Metro area.
Each Moving Stories residency consists of three lessons/classroom visits centered on one book. Book list available upon request.
Moving Stories is priced on a need-based sliding scale. Please contact us for further information.
Matt Reckeweg, Community Programs Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To reproduce study guide in part or whole, please contact Rebecca Campana, School Programs Manager, at email@example.com.