As we prepare to welcome audiences back to the Mead Center, please read our promises to ensure the health and safety of our patrons, artists and staff.
- All patrons who visit the Mead Center for American Theater and/or attend performances must be fully vaccinated by the date of their visit. Patrons can show either paper or electronic documentation (including photo of card).
- If you are unable to be vaccinated, you may provide proof of a Rapid COVID-19 antigen test taken within six hours of your performance. Rapid COVID-19 Antigen tests are available at CVS MinuteClinics throughout the DMV area, and most urgent care sites. Please note that these generally require an appointment in advance. At home tests will not be accepted.
- Frequently asked questions regarding this policy and testing locations can be found here.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- We are requiring that patrons, staff and volunteers wear facial masks that cover their mouth and nose. Masks with a valve, gaiters, scarves, etc. are not permitted.
- We are asking any patron who is feeling ill to please stay home and utilize our many ticket exchange options. Our staff and volunteers are expected to do the same.
- The 2021/22 Season has been scheduled so that for most weeks only one performance is running at a time. This will allow for less congestion and more space in the Lobby preshow and at intermission.
- For superior air quality, we’ve upgraded our HVAC systems with MERV13 filters wherever possible per CDC recommendation.
NEW CLEANING PROTOCOLS
- We are disinfecting door handles, counters and all shared surfaces prior to, during and thoroughly after every performance.
- We are making hand sanitizer stations available throughout the building.
- For a touchless experience, we are issuing electronic (print-at-home and mobile) tickets. Your mobile tickets will be available on the "My Account" portal.
- To reduce close interactions we are implementing contactless ticket scanning.
- Our programs are going digital. In addition to information about the production, artistic and director’s notes, stay tuned for behind-the-scenes materials and more content. Programs will now be available on the Arena Stage website. Large print and Braille copies will be available upon request at Visitors Services.
- Richard’s Place, our onsite café, will be temporarily closed, but packaged snacks and drink options will be available at the concessions bar.
- Drinks will not be allowed in the theater to prevent the need to remove one's mask. We encourage our patrons to utilize Arena Express, our pre-order system, so that you have plenty of time to enjoy your refreshments at intermission.
- As much as we are certain of our commitment to resume production, we know we are in uncertain times. Rest assured that if for any reason we must cancel performances, or if you are unable to attend, we will honor your commitment to us by offering a full array of ticket exchange and refund options.
- We are also eliminating all exchange fees. Exchanges will be accepted up to two hours before the performance.
Check this page regularly for the most up-to-date information.