Camp Arena Stage provides a limited number of need-based scholarships each year. Both full and partial scholarships are granted. Scholarships are only available for the 3-Week Session. As of June 25, 2022, the scholarship deadline has passed and applications are no longer being accepted.
- Complete application and attach proof of need.
- Return all materials to Camp Arena Stage.
- Applicants will be notified before camp begins.
- Applicants must accept or decline their scholarship in writing.
- Reside and attend school in the D.C.-Metro area within the Capital Beltway. Preference is given to those applicants who reside in the District of Columbia and attend D.C. Public Schools.
- Be able to attend the full 3-Week Session. No exceptions are made for vacations, summer school or other summer programs. Scholarships are not available for the 2-Week Session.
- Return their complete application by the deadline. Only complete applications are considered.
- All applicants are required to contribute a minimum of $100 per camper. Full camp tuition is $1,300. Please ask for only what you need. You may be asked to contribute more. Our funds are very limited.
- If your child receives and accepts a scholarship, your contribution must be paid to Camp Arena Stage as a nonrefundable deposit.
- Scholarships cover only the regular camp day, from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Fees for extended day care are not covered by the scholarship.
Complete Applications and Deadlines
The Camp Arena Stage scholarship board will only consider complete applications received on or before the deadline.
Materials may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Camp Arena Stage
1101 6th Street S.W.
Washington, DC 20024
Proof of Need and Income Guidelines
Applicants must demonstrate financial need. To demonstrate need, choose one of the following options to include with the scholarship application:
- An official letter from the applicant’s school stating they qualify for free or reduced lunch.
- A completed 2020 or 2021 tax return with the applicant listed as a dependent. W-2’s will not be accepted.
A letter explaining extenuating circumstances not represented in documentation (e.g. medical expenses or recent unemployment) may be included in addition to one of the above proofs of need.
Camp Arena Stage defines need using the federal income eligibility guidelines for free and reduced lunch. In 2021/22, these are:
One Dependent - combined household income of $23,828 or less annually.
Two Dependents - combined household income of $32,227 or less annually.
Three Dependents - combined household income of $40,626 or less annually.
Those whose combined household income exceeds this amount may still apply for scholarships.
Note: If your proof of need is determined to be fraudulent or misleading, your child will not be eligible for financial aid at Camp Arena Stage now or in the future.