Voice and Accent Training for Actors, Public Speakers, and Executive Professionals with Lisa Nathans
About the Artist
Lisa Nathans is an Assistant Professor of Voice and Acting at University of Maryland's School of Theatre, Dance, and Performance Studies.She has done voice and accent coaching work at Arena Stage, Kennedy Center, Shakespeare Theatre Company, Olney, Signature, Ford's, Folger, Guthrie (Minneapolis), 5th Avenue (Seattle), and Theatricum Botanicum (LA). Lisa received her MFA from the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama and BFA from Boston University. She is a designated Linklater Voice teacher and a certified Colaianni Speech practitioner.
Types of Tutorials Offered
- Accent or Dialect Acquisition: Learn a new way of speaking! Tutorials teach phonetic sound changes, intonation, pace, rhythm, and placement to learn an accent or dialect of your choice.
- Accent Reduction or Modification: Do you have trouble being clearly understood at work? These sessions are meant to help preserve your natural way of speaking but offer tips and tricks to increase your understandability and communication skills when necessary.
- Public Speaking: Do you get nervous when speaking in front of others? These sessions offer clear communication support including a look at projection, presence, posture, eye contact, breath, and how to use persuasive rhetoric to get your point across.
- Vocal Health: Ever experience vocal strain or fatigue? These sessions offer tips and tricks for maintaining healthy voice use. Sessions include vocal warmups and cool downs.
- Audition Prep: Prepping for a big audition? Have vocal questions about your character/role? Gain confidence through individual coaching sessions. College audition prep also available.
**Completion time for service: 1 month from purchase date for single coaching sessions, 6 months from purchase date for package coaching sessions.Cost:
$50 - SINGLE 30 minute online coaching session
$100 - SINGLE 60 minute online coaching session
Packages (save 5% on individual sessions when you purchase a coaching package, pricing outlined below):
$142.50 - THREE 30 minute online coaching sessions
$285 - THREE 60 minute online coaching sessions
$237.50 - FIVE 30 minute online coaching sessions
$475 - FIVE 60 minute online coaching sessions
Live coaching sessions are scheduled online via Zoom, Skype, or if necessary, FaceTime. Once purchase is complete, Lisa will contact patron to schedule sessions.