For superior air quality, we’ve upgraded our HVAC systems with MERV13 filters wherever possible per CDC recommendation.
As we prepare to welcome audiences back to the Mead Center, please read our promises to ensure the health and safety of our patrons, artists and staff.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- We are requiring that patrons, staff and volunteers wear facial masks and adhere to capacity limits in accordance with CDC and D.C. government health guidelines.
- We are asking any patron who is feeling ill to please stay home. Our staff and volunteers are expected to do the same.
NEW CLEANING PROTOCOLS
- In addition to our standard cleaning process, we are increasing the cleaning frequency of all public spaces, including the theaters, restrooms, box office and concessions bar.
- We are disinfecting door handles, counters and all shared surfaces prior to, during and thoroughly after every performance.
- We are making hand sanitizer stations available throughout the building.
TICKETS AND SEATING
- All transactions will be cashless.
- We are implementing a fully digital ticketing system that will include contactless ticket scanning. Your digital tickets will be available on the Arena Stage website. Visit arenastage.org and click “Login” to access the My Account portal.
- Your subscription allows you to either attend the play in person or receive a private link to watch a streamed performance in the comfort of your home.
- To allow guests more space in the theater for physical distancing, changes to your seating preferences may be necessary.
- Our programs are going digital. In addition to information about the production, artistic and director’s notes, stay tuned for behind-the-scenes materials and more content. Programs will now be available on the Arena Stage website. Large print and Braille copies will be available upon request at Visitors Services.
- Richard’s Place, our onsite café, will be temporarily closed, but food and drink options will be available at the concessions bar.
- As much as we are certain of our commitment to resume production, we know we are in uncertain times. Rest assured that if for any reason we must cancel performances, or if you are unable to attend, we will honor your commitment to us by offering a full array of ticket exchange and refund options.