Camp Arena Stage provides a limited number of need-based scholarships each year for the 4-Week Intensive. Both full and partial scholarships are granted. The 2018 scholarship deadline has passed. Applications will be available beginning in January.
- 2019 Scholarship Application will be available January 2019.
- Complete application and attach proof of need.
- Return all materials to Camp Arena Stage. All materials must be received by March 18, 2019 for review.
- Applicants will be notified on March 30, 2019.
- Applicants must accept or decline their scholarship in writing by April 13, 2019.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Reside and attend school in the D.C.-Metro area within the Capital Beltway. Preference is given to those applicants who reside in the District of Columbia and attend D.C. Public Schools.
- Be able to attend the full four weeks of camp. No exceptions are made for vacations, summer school or other summer programs. Scholarships are not available for the 2-Week Session.
- Return their complete application by the deadline. Only complete applications are considered.
- All applicants are required to contribute a minimum of $100 per camper. You may be asked to contribute more. Full camp tuition is $1,700. Please ask for only what you need. Our funds are very limited.
- If your child receives and accepts a scholarship, your contribution must be mailed to Camp Arena Stage as a nonrefundable deposit.
- Scholarships cover only the regular camp day, from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Fees for early drop off and extended day care are not covered by the scholarship.
Complete Applications and Deadlines
The Camp Arena Stage scholarship board will only consider complete applications received on or before the deadline.
Proof of Need and Income Guidelines
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need in the form of either:
- An official letter from the applicant’s school stating he/she qualifies for free or reduced lunch.
- A completed 2017 tax return with the applicant listed as a dependent. W-2’s will not be accepted.
- A letter explaining extenuating circumstances not represented in documentation (e.g. medical expenses) may be included in addition to one of the above proofs of need.
Camp Arena Stage defines need using the federal income eligibility guidelines for free and reduced lunch. In 2016/17, these are:
One Dependent - combined household income of $21,978 or less annually.
Two Dependents - combined household income of $29,637 or less annually.
Three Dependents - combined household income of $37,296 or less annually.
Deadline: March 19, 2018
Our Sponsors: Camp Arena Stage scholarships are supported by Toni A. Ritzenberg and Friends of Southwest DC.